"Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness."
Khalil Gibran

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Ministry of Love



Ankles yearn for kisses. And thin gold chains. Your eyelashes feel like dandelion seeds. Closed lids. I see fields of green. Your fingertips behind my knee. I taste rose-petals. On the tongue. Your name lives but hidden. I am the landscape. I am the river. You travel towards me. Hearts do more than beat. Cry.




16 comments:

  1. I find writing paragraph poems to be so freeing, so honest. I love this. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice poem

    Thanks for dropping by to read mine

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing ...lines of love and tragedy so well amalgamated

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last word tipped the whole poem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fragrant and sensual and longing poem. Beautifully rich and tactile words (and one can feel the longing and sadness too). Thank you, Kerry. k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whew... this is Perfect. Adding to to my Pinterest of favorite poems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the softest kind of love that weeps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rare indeed the ministry that ministers with so gossamer a touch. This swaying willow tree is policy enough for me!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.