"Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness."
Khalil Gibran

Friday, April 14, 2017

Eclipse

I won’t be diminished, eclipsed or hidden.
You’re going to see my light.
Christina Grimmie

Fornasetti



XV

Restless after dark
In the green city, alone
Where no torch burns the shadows~
Cupping the moon in my palm,
I am the eclipse.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A tanka suggested by the song Invisible by Christina Grimmie, which is featured on Music with Marian in the Imaginary Garden.

This is my 15th poem of the month, which means I have met my personal challenge... Anything else I write will be bonus.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting your goal and on another tight piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. I go back to work next week and my pace always slows down at that point. I shall endeavour to keep writing but didn't want to set an unrealistic goal.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Kerry. You are a hard worker and very faithful to the Art. And of course, like the proverbial EXCELLENT TEACHER, you must excel. (I hope I am here for the full 30, I was last year. But then, I'm retired.)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I never of it that way, Jim, but I guess you have a point. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Kerry ❤️ Such a stunning write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely sterling write.
    and Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cupping the moon in my palm" -- LOVE this.
    You're rocking the month away! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and each has been of high quality. you do inspire :) ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's tautology in the use of "eclipse" in this poem, a troping of the word -- Grimmie's lyric is young and defiant of partialing light where the speaker cups halved light in her hands. There is a use for experience! Congrats for completing your challenge. I was chugging away and then everything went blank. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, I love it. Green city!
    You've been on fire this month. Thank you for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and agree with Michael--each (at least of the ones I've been able to read) has been really tightly woven, graceful, and sharp. This one too. I love the idea of the moon in the palm, though find the idea of one's self as eclipse rather sad. Thanks, Kerry. k.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.