"Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness."
Khalil Gibran

Monday, July 10, 2017

This Is Now

is a river at its source separate from the sea, i ask
the question, you say, reflects the answer you seek
when love answers love, joy replaces questions
Shabbir Banoobhai

Copyright belongs to Magaly Guerrero



What will you have to show for this life, I ask myself
and wait for the answer only time can furnish
but I don’t have years to waste. This is now.

Memories are stored like dried herbs, still pungent
when crushed in my palm but dry and good only
to season the meat of today when all else is gone. This.

Here I lie upon the silken blanket as sunlight strokes
the curve of my naked shoulder, lights up my hair,
purrs around my breasts and I call for my love. Now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Further inspiration from Fragile, Natural, Wild with Magaly, and written for The Tuesday Platform.


20 comments:

  1. lights up my hair,
    purrs around my breasts
    and I call for my love. Now

    Seemingly ordinary but sensuously fulfilling and it should be now! How wonderful the anticipation turned out to be! Great word craft Kerry!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you weaved the scent with memories... they go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to dance with your second stanza for days and days and days...

    Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo beautiful! Especially that second stanza.. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sensuous poetry at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS was really something. A sensual conclusion to a life issue. A memory or now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful and striking poem. Well done. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the dried herbs simile very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the association of memories with dried herbs and the need for something to happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the scents and memories. Especially smiled at: now

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dance across time here...from that realisation that waiting for answers is perhaps futile and that the only moment we can fully realise is now. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love. the This. the Now. Even in love with the opening quote, but your closing is better

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fragrant memories and a love still warm on the skin... this now will do for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How delightful this is. I have two cats and a dog. "Purrs around my breasts is a wonderful picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Memories are stored like dried herbs, still pungent
    when crushed in my palm but dry and good only
    to season the meat of today when all else is gone. This......Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Memories can waken, can rouse, but only the moment has Now. There is a restless impatience here, a coiled protest. A heart that is not ready to suffice with bottled yesterdays. There is nothing this reader can offer about the frustrations with the real day, but its moment on this page makes me burn and thirst too. Third stanza is sensually radioactive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This poem makes me purr.... purr....

    ReplyDelete
  18. We truly only have now. How sad how much of it we waste. Love your take on seizing a moment.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.