Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Erasure Poetry

A little experiment in blockout poetry.
Please scroll down if you want to read the text written out.

Erasure #1
The Medieval Talisman



@skyloverpoetry


Erasure #2
The Astrological Chart



@skyloverpoetry


Erasure #3
The Sun in Splendour



@skyloverpoetry








#1

I did love him
My storm of heart
I saw in his mind
And my soul
I left behind.
Love
Let me go.
I beg with heat
To be free

*******

Unfolding
recklessness in my
innermost nature
and witness
my own true
companionship


#2

This is true:
My offending speech had,
Till now,
Wasted little of battle.
Therefore I,
In speaking for
Your love, drugs, charms
And magic, am bold
To fall in love,
In spite of everything.


#3

Talk you of heaven?
With all my heart
I hope you know thy sins
Are loves that gnaw you
for loving passion
Yet I hope they point at Peace.
Be still.
I will love thee.


12 comments:

  1. Be still. I will love thee..... how beautiful is that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To fall in love,
    In spite of everything...that is our goal after all, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is incredibly gorgeous work, Kerry!❤️ I especially love the second; "In speaking for your love, drugs, charms
    and magic, am bold to fall in love, in spite of everything."❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's an intriguing way to create...almost like a Ouija board pointing you in this direction and that...kind of like your subconscious speaking to you. I continue to be fascinated by your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing way to create... the way you use the zodiak makes me think that love is also a destiny when found in a circle like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are nice, Kerry. the plates make it pretty. We used to do these with Newspapers over at One Single Impression and they were not pretty at all.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These blackouts are amazing! LOL, no fair being so talented with words and art alike. They're all crazy good, but I'm especially fond of 2. Sometimes it feels like you need to be a bit brave (or crazy) to give yourself over to love, but man, what a hell of a rush.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.