Saturday, April 11, 2020

Entrances//Deaths ~ Desire

In the April of Covid 19
Day 11

“Begin with singing sing darkness kindled back into beginning”
Dylan Thomas

Desire


Though I must suffer this sequestration
far beyond the range of human touch
your eyes weigh upon me like 
water-washed stones
 sullen as wet moss
but smouldering shadows of green fire.

I give thanks to the triumvirate of stars
that I am lost to all but your desire.





Play It Again Toads: Inspired in part by the SciFi posters of Soviet Kitsch, and by the L'Arora form posted April 8. 


For those who wish to participate in the Skylover Wordlist Challenge, please leave your links in the comment section below

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the descriptions of those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I felt the need to balance the death with desire. Thanks, Susie.

      Delete
  3. I love the line 'sullen as wet moss'. Beautiful Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the water-washed stones and green fire. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exquisitely drawn, Kerry!💝 I love; "sullen as wet moss but smouldering shadows of green fire." Woww!😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s not easy being ‘far beyond the range of human touch’, Kerry, especially this Easter weekend. I love the ‘water-washed stones / sullen as wet moss / but smouldering shadows of green fire.’ Beautifully green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The description of the eyes... sullen like moss but with a green fire inside. That fire makes me think of jealousy which often goes hand in hand with desire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. one spark is all that is necessary - and this poem speaks with the shared secret language of lovers .... a unique code ....

    lovely Kerry

    (and I agree with you - if Hope has to have a colour - surely it must be Green?!)

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.