Thursday, April 18, 2019

This April Day

how children are apt to forget to remember
with up so floating many bells down)
e.e. cummings



April is painting this day
in every colour of crimson cosmos
and pomegranates cracking on the bough –
the Autumn skies are clear as a bell
ringing in shades of blue

This golden day is your own
laid out in patterns of fallen leaves 
and arrows of birds flying towards the sun –
Let me not measure loss in tears but
remember a rose has your name


Day 18 ~ PAINTED

Susie is our host in The Imaginary Garden today, with Bits of Inspiration: Bell


11 comments:

  1. "Let me not measure loss in tears but remember a rose has your name," this is absolutely stunning, Kerry! It reminded me of a quote by Ellen Everett that states; let us live like flowers wild and beautiful and drenched in sun.💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your referenced the bell as the color of the sky. I too like "arrow of birds." Beautiful poem Thank you so much for writing for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love how you brought the bell to the autumn... maybe every season has its bell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I jabbed my paintbrush at any line in this poem I could paint a beautiful landscape just as you have. Vibrant SA...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really good, nice and colorful. I equate your April to our October, roses here are having their final burst of red then (really not here in the south).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love April’s artistic use of colour in the crimson cosmos and ‘pomegranates cracking on the bough’ and the ‘bell ringing in shades of blue’, Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this has the lyricism of a medieval love poem, Kerry ~

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.