Wednesday, April 24, 2019

More Natural ~ Sonnet 43

Loving me with my shoes off 
means loving my long brown legs 
Anne Sexton



What could be more natural
                                     than the bend of my knee
                    And the glide of your palm
                                     from my ankle to tender thigh?

And lips that pray to flesh
                                     as a thing of divinity?
                My throat was made
                                    for the simple bliss of a sigh,

Your eyes, for the sole purpose
                                    of my gracious nudity.
                 For the pulse beneath my skin
                                   and the rivers that run within.

Oh, Love, that you may know my nature thus!
That I may know the wonder of this perfect trust.



Day 24 ~ A Shakespearean Sonnet

Sherry is our host in The Imaginary Garden today, asking us to describe a Natural Wonder.


15 comments:

  1. Oh, one of the very best natural wonders! Wonderful indeed, that glide of hand, bliss of sigh, and the rivers running within. So lyrical and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your inspiring and open-ended prompt, Sherry.

      Delete
  2. I am literally swooning right now!❤️ There is so much to love in this Shakespearean Sonnet, one that parallels to the Bard of Avon. Especially this: "And lips that pray to flesh as a thing of divinity? My throat was made for the simple bliss of a sigh." Simply gorgeous!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, girl. You figured out how to reel me in completely. Anne Sexton is my favorite poet, and your inspired-by-her words, written sensually up your ankles-to-thighs, has me so hot and bothered, I have no choice but to climb, semi-straight into the shower, hoping you got there first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A love sonnet with shape, sensuality and a perfect rhyme scheme, Kerry! I love the lines:

    ‘And lips that pray to flesh
    as a thing of divinity?
    My throat was made
    for the simple bliss of a sigh’.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nature at its most passionate...beautifully sensual

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Faints with delight.* Oh, I think this must be the most perfect poem of sensual love that I ever read.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk about it.